Hi Stony Hill Families,
I've got a few updates for you this week.
- Our policy regarding Halloween is that we adhere to our district wellness guidelines by having food-free parties, and all staff and students are invited to wear black and orange to celebrate the holiday. We do not allow costumes. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
- October 31st is also a half day for students. They are dismissed at 11:45. If you plan to pick up your child, as always, send in a note in the morning.
- This week we have Book Fair on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9:00-11:00.
- Third graders are also having their traditional pumpkin carving event on Monday and Tuesday at 1:30. Monday is Mrs. Williford, Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Sullivan, and Ms. Martin. Tuesday is Mr. Lyon, Mrs. Robinson, and Mrs. Okun. Often times, parents opt to take their child home after the carving. That is perfectly fine, but please be sure that you have sent a note in the morning so Kathy can have an organized way to dismiss students. Also, if you are coming in to help carve, remember to sign in and take a sticker (in place of a badge).
- Over the next few weeks, we will be holding various safety drills. One is Lockdown, where students and staff must remain in a sheltered area of the classroom and stay calm and silent until the drill is over. The other is Shelter In Place, where students and staff must remain in classrooms, and not use the hallway, but can freely move around the classroom.
- On Friday, I sent home a 'save the date' flyer for our upcoming Thanksgiving Festival. The date is 11/16/18 from 5:00-6:30. Details will be sent home this week.
That's it for this week. I hope that, if you celebrate Halloween, that you have a fantastic time with your children!